Mayco SG501 Sculpting Medium
Product Features & Attributes
- Quick Drying - design integrity is maximized.
- Thickness Sensitivity - thicker applications over ⅛" may result in splits or cracks appearing in the fired result. You may want to achieve this effect; if not keep the thickness to the lowest levels (below ⅛")
- Raised or Incised Textures - stencils and lace can be used to create raised textures; apply a base and stamp into it to create an incised area.
- Base Glaze Properties - applied on top of a moving glaze will cause the Sculpting Medium design to move and separate.
- Sharp Edges - when using with lace or a stencil, the removal of the lace after the product is applied may create coarse, rough edges. A moistened fan brush can be used to smooth these rough edges. You can also apply a glaze over the Medium, which will smooth any sharp effects
- Non Toxic, Food Safe. May not be suitable for dinnerware due to surface characteristics.