The essential Pottery Sponge from DiamondCore Tools is an accessory no studio should be without. Available in three varieties of finishes — tough, medium, and fine — these sponges feel like a soft and comfortable extension of your hand.
- Tough sponge (black) is best for shaping while wheel-throwing. Returns to form after compression and maintains firm support.
- Medium sponge (purple) is a good compromise for both throwing and finishing. Squishes slightly after compression, conforms to shapes. Smooth finish.
- Fine sponge (light blue) is best for final touch-ups or delicate pieces. Squishes most after compression, flexible, extremely smooth finish.
- Rounded, equilateral triangle pottery sponges
- Stiff when dry, will expand when wet
- 10 cm width by 7.5 cm height (~3.9 by 3 inches) when expanded
- Flexible, 15 mm thickness
- Strong yet soft texture
- DiamondCore logo relief design
- Wetting, shaping, and smoothing clay
- Cleaning excess slip from joined sections
- Softening edges that have been cut, carved, or shaped
- Removing water or debris from tools
- Triangle size fits comfortably in right and left hands
- Durable material retains its form when saturated and after repeated wringing
- Synthetic composition resists odors and staining