DiamondCore’s Scoring Tool is the practical and petite accessory every potter needs.
When attaching handles to cups, feet to platters, or extensions to sculptures, this simple Scoring Tool is a must-have. Its five-pronged blade mimics a hand, creating rough edges for a strong clay bond.
You can also use the parallel scoring tips to add texture to your work. The hardwood handle ensures a comfortable grip.
- Extendable, coated, stainless steel scoring blade (20 mm; 0.8 in.)
- Five parallel 1 cm (0.4 in.) scoring prongs
- Attached to 8 cm (3.1 in.) hardwood handle
- Fully extended tool (handle and scoring blade) is about 10.5 cm (4.1 in.) long
- Adjustable thumb screw
- Wood grain may vary
- Easily scratch or roughen clay for points of attachment
- Create more secure connections with slip
- Texturize clay surfaces as part of your design
- Coated, stainless steel scoring blade stays sharp
- Thumb screw allows for the scoring blade to be opened and secured
- Replacement scoring blades are available
- Store scoring tool fully closed in the handle when not in use; prongs are sharp
Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children